Mardu NYC belts and buckles are designed and manufactured in New York City. By making their belts and buckles locally they can oversee every step of the production process, ensuring that you are buying a product that is both sustainably and ethically made.
These belts are designed to be worn around your mid-to-high waist (on or 2 inches below the navel). These belts use vegetable tanned leather from Italy. Vegetable tanning is an ancient and traditional craft process that uses tannin, a plant extract, to color the hides, resulting in leather that is chemical free and 100% environmentally friendly. The vegetable tanned process gives the leather its distinct characteristics - unmatched durability, rich and deep in natural earth toes, and a unique patina that develops over time with prolonged use and exposure to the environment.
- Locally made in NYC
- Eco-friendly color dyeing process
- Brass plated buckle
- ICEC certifications in quality management system and environmental management system
- LWG gold rated for its good ethical, environmental, and safety practice in the processing of hides
- XS/S: 25-29” waist, 40” x 1.25”
- M/L: 28-34” waist, 45” x 1.25”