Since there is no Planet B, here's what we need to do to save our planet
"Because there is no Planet B" has become one of the most famous call-to-action campaigns in the world of environmentalism to bring awareness to climate change. The photographs used in this article come from a campaign by the brand Ecoalf in 2019 utilizing this common phrase to inspire and motivate their audience to wake up to the reality facing Earth.
As we did more research on this phrase, we came across a great book recommendation by author Mike Berners-Lee titled "There Is No Planet B". For those of you looking for a "guide" on how to help our planet, we totally recommend this book. Often times we are given staggering facts that can leave us feeling paralyzed, and/or helpless. However, the idea is to remember we have a Plan A... which, is saving our planet Earth. Let's summarize his solutions into quick and easy changes:
1. Cook more plant-based meals
2. Reduce your single-use plastic consumption
3. Invest in clean, renewable energy sources; be energy efficient
4. Try to take public transportation when possible
5. Take a look at economic policies and support those that help the poor
6. Have respect and care for the world, and have respect for truth and transparency
7. Understand that it is not just one singular area that will save the planet, but rather it's an interconnected system where we address critical problems from all angles for a better future
Share with us some books you've read to help understand climate change better!